Services & Departments
Tudor and Cashel's Administration Department is responsible for all of the Townships' financial matters. These include accounting, budgeting and reporting, record keeping, direct support to all other Departments and to the Township Council. The implementation of policies and directives from Township Council and the Chief Administrative Officer are also provided through the Administration Department.
Chief Administrative Officer and Clerk/Treasurer
The Clerk's Department is the corporate office for the Tudor and Cashel Township and the holder of the corporate seal. All official corporate business is processed through this Department.
The Clerk is the keeper of Council's Corporate business records and documents as well as all minutes, record books, deeds, bonds (performance or other), contracts and archival records of the municipal corporation, and provide public access to government records for both inspection and duplication.
Bernice Crocker, Chief Administrative Officer
Phone: 613 474-2583
Deputy Clerk - Treasurer
The Deputy Clerk Treasurer reports to the Clerk/Treasure/Chief Administrative Officer and is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services.
Some of the duties of the Deputy Clerk-Treasurer are to:
- Assist the Clerk-Treasurer with the performance of the statutory responsibilities assigned to the Treasurer and Tax Collector job functions.
- Assist the Clerk-Treasurer with the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the Township`s annual and capital budgets.
- Assist with the Accounts Receivable/Payable functions.
- Opens, sorts and distributes mail, responds to correspondence as directed by the Clerk-Treasurer and/or Council.
- Receives payments of taxes, etc., issues receipts, records payments, prepares deposits and transports to bank.
- Assists with the monthly bank reconciliation and balancing of the General Ledger
- Assists the Clerk-Treasurer with the performance of statutory responsibilities assigned to the Municipal Clerk job function.
- Under the general guidance of the Clerk-Treasurer, prepares Council Agendas, minutes of Council and Committee meetings, by-laws, reports tender documents, etc., as required.
- Applies for grant funding as directed by Council.
- Perform receptionist duties: responds to general enquiries and directs calls as required. Provides information, assistance and advice concerning municipal programs, policies and by-laws. Issues receipts for payments of building permits and any other permits, as required.
- Assists the Clerk with the preparation and conducting of Municipal and School Board elections.
- Attends Council and Committee meetings to provide clerical support and record minutes, as required.
- Researches background information as required by the Clerk-Treasurer.
- Performs general office duties, typing, filing, photocopying, etc.
- Services as a Commissioner for taking Oaths and Affidavits, as required.
- Serves as the alternate Emergency Management Coordinator.
- Prepares and administers rental agreements for the community centre. The Clerk and Deputy-Clerk have the authority to manage the community centre, as they see fit, in a fair and responsible manner.
- Serves on various Committees of Council, as required.
- Assumes the role and responsibilities of the Clerk-Treasurer in her absence.
- Performs Human Resources functions, as assigned.
- Performs Health and Safety functions, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nancy Carrol, Deputy Clerk - Treasurer
Phone: 613 474-2583